Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm not sure which to be more upset about...

So hopefully some of my readers can help me decide. Karla Homolka - the shedevil of St. Catharines, is apparently eligible not for parole, but for a pardon - this year.

That's Part One of my outrage tonight.

Part Two of tonight's outrage? That Stephen Harper is blaming this on previous "soft on crime" governments.

May I point something out, Sir?

You have been in power for four years. In all of that time, you never noticed that there were problems with the pardon system? It took the media pointing out that Canada's flawed pardon system had allowed a nasty pedophile asswipe to be legally forgiven, and that one of the country's most infamous serial killers could be pardoned this year (and apparently 99% of those who apply for a pardon receive one - WHAT???) before he realized that there was a PROBLEM???

The one thing I truly hate about politics is the amount of time (and money) wasted on blaming previous governments for problems. You know what? The general population doesn't care who caused the problem, they just want you to fix it.

I swear, if that woman gets pardoned... grrrrr... I don't even know what the appropriate response is to this. I wonder if there will be a response from the French and Mahaffy families.


 

2 comments:

  1. Are you serious? A f*#king pardon!?!?! FOR KILLING HER SISTER!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And not just her sister. It's ridiculous. I get the impression that anyone can apply for a pardon after a certain number of years, and the majority of applications are approved. I think if that one is approved the board members will be some of the most hated people in the country, but regardless, there is a MAJOR problem with the system.

    ReplyDelete