Friday, April 23, 2010

ARGH!

This is probably why as much as I'd like to, I'll never get into politics.

Yesterday on Climbing Up the Slide I wrote about the new changes to the sex ed curriculum in Ontario. If you didn't read the article, I'm fully in support of them.

What I'm not in support of is wishy-washy politicians who fold at the first sign of protest. A few hours after I wrote my post Dalton McGuinty decided that there hadn't been enough consultation with parents, and that apparently the Catholic bishops hadn't been consulted, and so the changes are "on hold."

You believe in something enough to publicly announce it, then stick to your damned guns! Yes, you may run the risk of alienating some voters, but face it: the ones you're going to alienate wouldn't have voted for you anyway.

I know I'm obnoxiously opinionated. Heck, that's the whole point of this blog. One thing about me is that I'm not easily swayed from my opinions. Not to the point that I won't even consider the other side, but I'm not going to change just because someone tells me (even repeatedly) that I'm wrong. Maybe I wouldn't make a good politician just for that very reason, but then again, maybe I'd make a damned good one.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know I'd vote for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think Dalton McGuinty is an idiot, I would write about it but the number of swears required to acurately express my feelings on this issue would require me to enable the adult content function on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the backtracking that drives me nuts. The HST he pushes through despite NO ONE wanting it, but this he backs down on? Now I'm hearing that most of the changes will still be implemented by September, but who knows what "most" means. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete