Friday, April 9, 2010

The 30 Days of Ben Mulroney - Day 29!

Well People, it's almost over! Whatever will we do without our little dose of Ben each day?

Wow...I just noticed how much he looks like his father in that picture... look at that chin... it's going into Jay Leno territory...

Anyway, since I had such a good time with the Canadian Idol clips yesterday, I'm going to add in a few more today. Again, it's my blog, and I can do what I want!

Theo Tams was the last Canadian Idol. The judges often claimed he was the best male vocalist ever on the show, and I think they might be right. He was classically trained in voice and piano and he just has a very clear tone that can really give you goosebumps. I've only ever heard one song off his debut album, but I hope he gets a chance because he really does deserve it. Again, I had a hard time picking just one performance, but I really do like this one, and it's also one of the shorter clips.



Mitch McDonald came in second that year. He was a completely different kind of artist than Theo. This performance of Joel Plaskett's "Love This Town" is just so awesomely charming.





Eva Avila, the Season Four winner has had a reasonable amount of success. I quite like the radio singles she's put out, and she's worked closely with Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida, which I think has helped her. Here's her "Idol Single" Meant to Fly. Not nearly as annoying as most of them. Outside of Alive, I think this might have been the best of them.



Kalan Porter was the winner of the amazing second season that I wrote about yesterday. I can't find any of his really good performances online, but here's his audition. It shows that right from the start he had the talent and that shy smile that gave him the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment