Saturday, March 13, 2010

The 30 Days of Ben Mulroney - Day 2!

I've been cross-posting my efforts between here and my Facebook account, changing my profile pic every day to a picture of Ben, the same way that Sam did with pictures of Matt Damon.

I have quite a lot of American friends, so as I expected I got the question "Who the heck is he?" To which I responded with a plug for this website, and told her that all of the answers to that question would be forthcoming here.

After yesterday's post, she told me she still has no idea who Ben is, so for a few days, the "fun fact of the day" will be somewhat obvious to my Canadian readers, but hopefully helpful to my international ones.

Above you can see our Ben, in the midst of an interview. What you may not know is that he is, in fact, interviewing his dear old Dad, Brian Mulroney. Brian was the 18th Prime Minister of Canada, serving from September 17, 1984 to June 25, 1993. He was the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party from 1983 to 1993. He was an incredibly popular Prime Minister at one point, however he also made some very unpopular moves, politically (bringing in the dreaded GST sales tax springs to mind) and had some rather spectacular failures (the Meech Lake accord anyone?)

So anyway, young Benedict (I'm liking that more and more) spent a good portion of his youth living at 24 Sussex Drive in Ottawa (the Prime Minister's residence - again, this is for my US readers, if my Canadian ones don't know that they are forever banned from this website!)

Stay tuned for more Ben Mulroney Fun Facts! We've got 28 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment