Friday, May 14, 2010

A Man and His Pickle...

I have to get this out somewhere or I'll burst!

I was in the grocery store this morning. My son and I walked around the corner of an aisle and there were two men, probably in their late 20s, with this ENORMOUS jar of pickles. They were holding it up and discussing how big it was, and joking about it being too heavy for the one guy to lift.

It took EVERYTHING in my being to keep my mouth shut. The number of pickle jokes that went running through my head was astonishing. Somehow I didn't know if random strange men would appreciate a 30-something mom making jokes about their pickles.

So since I (surprisingly) managed to hold it in there, I'm letting a few of them rip now. Feel free to add your own!

  • You know what they say about men with big pickles...
  • Is it really a good idea to display your pickles like that?
  • I've never really liked my pickles that sour.
  • At least you're not comparing pickles.
  • A pickle in the hand is worth two in the jar.
  • You men, all you ever think about is the size of your pickles.
All right, I've forgotten some since then, but still! It was REALLY hard! (Hey, just like the pickles!)

3 comments:

  1. Is that a pickle in your pocket or are you just weird?

    Well, if that's what you need to impress a girl, well then my friend, you have many more problems than I'm equipped to handle.

    Oh, I can help you with that heavy jar, but would you mind holding my zucchini?

    You know what they say... accidents in aisle four with a jar of pickles can lead to baby gherkins...

    Oh God I needed that today... AND NO, NOT THE PICKLES... just the random creativeness... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby gherkins one!

    ReplyDelete