Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Heartbreaking Video of the Oil Spill

I admit it: I am an avoider. I avoid reading about issues that I know are going to upset me. I hate feeling helpless. If it makes me angry, fine, I'll read all about it, but if it's just plain sad, even with a little anger mixed in, I'll sometimes avoid an issue until I just can't anymore. I've done that with the oil spill.

Then the other day I watched a slide show of photos of marine birds, covered in oil, completely mired in, dying as surely as if they were covered in cement.

Today I came across this video of an AP reporter, Rich Matthews, scuba diving in the Gulf. It's a worthwhile piece, and I hope you'll watch it. You can read his account of it here.

2 comments:

  1. It is sad watching the marine birds covered in oil on television. And you can't do anything about it. I wish i could do something to help those poor creatures.

    Brunettegurl16

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is horrible to see :(

    ReplyDelete